More so then other drinks, Rum Coolers showed the true internationalism of the colonies. Rum from Jamaica, Brandy from France, and Whiskey from Britain. Often spiced with Indian cinnamon, and Indonesian nutmeg. Mixed in with locally grown apple juice. Ingredients from four continents in one glass!
- 1/4 cup brandy (peach or pear can be used)
- 2 Tbsp rum
- 3 tsp whiskey
- 2 cups apple cider.
- Fill two highball glasses halfway with ice
- Add in brandy, rum, and whiskey
- Fill to top with apple cider.
- Replace dull old apple cider with hard cider. Watch out, this can be quite a drink!
- Change your alcohols. While using top shelf stuff is maybe not the best idea, as you’ll be mixing the drink, a spiced rum, swapping for a sherry or cognac, or any variety of whiskey (Scotch, bourbon) will change the overall makeup.