Another drink popular around colonial times. For some reason, modern versions are inevitably just juice.. And while this is nice, a shot of rum really makes the drink.
Makes: about 2
- 2 cups apple cider/juice
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 sticks cinnamon
- 3-4 whole cloves
- pinch of nutmeg
- 1/4 cup brandy or rum
- In a medium saucepan, bring cider and lemon juice to a simmer.
- Add cinnamon sticks and cloves.
- Simmer for about 10 minutes to let the spices to seep in.
- Remove from heat and add in brandy or rum.
- Pour into cups, straining out cinnamon and cloves. Dust top with nutmeg and serve.