- 2 broiler/fryer chickens (3 to 4 pounds each), quartered
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine sauce ingredients.
- Remove 1/3 cup for basting; cover and refrigerate. Add chicken to bag; seal and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill chicken, covered, over medium-hot heat for 45-60 minutes or until juices run clear, turning and basting often with reserved marinade.
- Maybe not very Caribbean, but I like some pineapple with this!