Traditionally, preparing fruit was quite rare, as most were eaten fresh or in a jam. This recipe is so simple and so delicious, I’ll break the rules a bit for it.
- 2 large mangoes
- 1 Tbsp grated ginger
- juice of one lime
- peel and cut mangoes into small chunks. I like to julienne them.
- grate the ginger over the mango, to save any juice.
- Coat the mango with lime juice
- Put mango through a blender and serve as a puree. Freeze to make a sorbet!
- A bit of maple syrup or honey can be used to sweeten.
- Julianne some avocado (roughly one per mango) and mix in for a great summer salad.
- A sprinkle of sesame seeds adds to the dish.