The Americas have lost the tradition of fruit soups, though anybody who likes yogurt will find this dish an easy translation
- 1 ripe papaya, about 6″ long
- Sugar and lime juice to taste.
- Peel the papaya and cut in half. Spoon out the seeds and set aside.
- Cut fruit into chunks and reduce to puree in a blender.
- Add sugar and lime juice. If puree is still too thick, add a small amount of water.
- Serve in fruit cups, with a dab of the seeds in the center.
- Adding a small amount of milk to the puree makes for a more custardy soup.